Wednesday, March 23, 2011

How NOT to pick up Chics

First of all, don't call us "chics". Ladies, women, girls and females are all more acceptable than chics. Most of the time you men buy books on how to pick up women. Most of these books teach you to highlight women's smaller insecurities and play on them to your advantage. I am going to offer you a one time set of "rules" that if you play by correctly by never doing them, you should stand a slightly better chance at having a relationship. We do not like the term "take us home". Taking us home implies sex and ultimatley guys most girls equate sex with a feeling, yes a real feeling. While I aknowledge that horny is a legit feeling, it is not why most women choose to have sex.

Let's start with the basics. If we are walking down the road, it is not your cue to scream at us. While it's ever so flattering to hear, "Nice ass!" while wandering down the sidewalk to pick up our children, it will NEVER get you anywhere. Neither will any cat calls coming from an open window. I don't know of any man that got a number that way. (As a personal note, ladies this is the best way to pick up men, seriously, no kidding!) Also in this category, offering us a ride will not work well either. If you are fortunate enough that she is not packing pepper spray, many of us will call the police.

Walking up to one of our kids and starting a conversation freaks us out. Are you a child predator? If I date you, will you molest my child? Yes, sadly it's a red flag to most single moms. Pay attention to us. While we make cute kids we like to know that we are also still attractive. Cocompliment us, then notice our kids.

Asking her for a ride is also out. Like anyone wants to date a guy that doesn't have his own car, really? Also, if you are asking for a job application and it's not for a second job, I won't be dating you until you have a job. Sorry, it's just not happening anytime soon. I get that unemployment is high, but there are more men than women in the world. It's a fact. I have a better chance of finding the guy with a job then you do of finding a girl that will support you.

Tell the girl you want to meet up at her place. Why can't I go to your place? Do you still live with your mommy? Are you secretly with another girl, or worse are you secretly gay? Let's think about our choices.

At a bar you are being watched. Having said that, we see you and through you. You have hit on 3 other girls and they all turned you down. Now I am your forth choice. Not only are you not getting my number, you are lucky I am not sticking my foot to your balls. Also, standing in the corner staring straight at my ass but not having the guts to talk to me, you are a loser. True story: Some dude at the bar stared at me all night once. Five minutes before we were going to leave I approached him. The following statement is exactly what I said: "I have noticed you staring at me all night. I thought I would come introduce myself. (extend hand for him to shake) I am Nel. Now that you know my name I only feel it's fair for you to know you will never have to remember it. You will not be screaming it later. Have a goodnight" Yes, I was sober for all that. Yes, it was mean, but so funny at the time that even my harshness was worth it all.

Guys all a woman really wants is a guy to be honest. Tell us the truth and maybe we will give us a chance. Don't objectify us openly and expect to get anywhere. Hit on me politely, say hi, talk to me, then hit on me. Give yourself a chance.

1 comment: