Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I Carry You

You are in the thoughts I try to erase, but each night I see your face, you illuminate my dreams, and add litter into my life.
You are the pencil with no eraser, your calls show up on my ID, but when I answer, it seems so cold to me.
You are the blurr in the mirror, the dust in the wind, the pee in my cheerios, but I wouldn't trade it in.
You crushed what I thought I was becoming, made me someone new, and all our memories, are in my rear-view.
You ate my food, crashed on my couch, made me fall in love, and just like that I was out.
I was out, out of luck, and out of touch, now you are gone and I still miss you so very much.
Nothing about it was fair, nothing about it was right, and yet you are the reason, I can't fall asleep at night.
I can't make you change, nor can I keep you away, so I guess forever, in my heart you will stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment