Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Wedding Vows (not getting married, yet)

No, I am not getting married, at least not that I know of. I would like to be again someday to the right person and this is what I would like to be able to say to that person when the time is right.

When I met you, I had a hard time trusting anyone, especially myself. Over time you helped me to trust you and by trusting you, I was able to gain confidence in myself. You made me stronger by being the person you are.
I thought that if I met someone that loved my children half as much as I did, I would be doing well because I love them more than anything in this world. And even though you don't have to, there are days I realize you love them just as much as I do.
When I think of all the mistakes I made, the one that stands out the most, is not meeting you sooner. Not telling you I loved you when I first knew it, not kissing you the first time we met, and not being myself right from the first second were also big mistakes. You looked beyond my faults and not only accepted, but embraced them as a part of me that makes me who I am.
You push me further than anyone I have ever met. You make me who I want to become, and knowing I get to become that person with you leaves me confident in our future.
I love you for who you are, and who you can become. I accept your flaws, because they come with who you are. I will apologize when I am wrong, and sometimes just when you think I am. I love you now, and I will always love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment